Sunday, November 4, 2007

I'm okay

I'm okay these days. I'm just waiting. I wonder what it will be like AFTER the transplant given that's been such a large part of my life. II would imagine some people get tired of me talking about it. I don't talk about it to a lot of people, but it tends to be the first thing on my mind so...naturally, I talk about it.

Last night I went to the bar and drank a white russian. I started drinking these recently because I have a lot of problems with my stomach. Maybe that's a symptom, maybe it's just the stress, but I have been getting heartburn and upset stomach a lot in the last 6 months. I even take one of those over the counter heartburn pills and I have to supplement with tums here and there, too. Anyhow, we ate mexican food last night and then went to the bar. I started feeling sick after I finished my drink. Maybe it was the mild. Maybe my body just can't take the alcohol any more. I switched to O' Douls, but it still didn't feel better. I've been sick most of the day today. it's mild, just an upset tummy and weakness. It didn't stop me from going in to have my tattoo enhanced. It needed some touch-ups. Looks good.

When I first got my surgery date, I went through a period of fear and then some sadness here and there, but mostly I'm okay. I'm not saying I want the surgery. Hell, I'd like to be perfectly healthy or to at least wait another year or two or three...lol. But I know it has to happen so I'm preparing the best I can.

No comments: