Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Still Not Sick

I find it really difficult to believe I'm going to have a kidney transplant in less than 1 month. I feel fine most days. the worst "symptom" I'm experiencing is fatigue. I don't have pain. My latest labs from Friday show a creatinine of 5.4.

I'm having a difficult time concentrating at work. I have been working short days -- leaving to take naps in the evenings. I don't feel bad about it because, hell, I'm sick even if I don't feel more typical symptoms associated with illness. They can deal with it.

2 comments:

B said...

I have been faithfully reading your blog. I love your honesty thru this situation. My dad has PKD and is in the process of testing, he has a potential donor and if everything goes well he will be scheduling his surgery for late December or January. His only symptom now is fatigue as well. It's weird he has to face this when it seems like nothing is wrong. I have and brother and neither of us have been tested yet or have had any symptoms. I admire you and will be sending positive thoughts your way over the next few months. Please keep writing! I wish you well.

HeatherT said...

Thank you for your kind words and positive thoughts. I wish you and your father well, too.

It's interesting that you have selected not to be tested for PKD. There isn't a lot you can do to stave it off, but I'm glad I knew so I could keep under a doctor's care. Please take care of your self, watch your blood pressure. :-)

thanks again.