Thursday, November 15, 2007

How Am I?

I have good days and not so great days. Mostly, I think this experience has changed me for the better. I think I’m a lot stronger and a lot more at ease with life in general. But, at times it strikes me that this is actually going to happen and I get really frightened. Last Tuesday was a rough day, but I had a lot of meetings so I was able to keep my mind busy.

I have to make myself eat because I just don’t feel like it. My body says it’s hungry, but I just don’t care. I don’t have much desire to eat it and it doesn’t taste good. Therefore, I eat stuff that tastes good, but is probably not very good for me, e.g. donuts, candy. Sometimes I get to a point where I wish someone could just put their arms around me and stop time…that all this would go away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello: I just found this site...I have read back about a month. I am in renal failure. I found out when a stone blocked my right kidney in early May. I had had umpteen stones before. All were uric acid but this last one. I still have several stones in both kidneys. My creatinine was up to
9.6 when I was in the hospital. I turned the corner and has come down to 4.7 a month ago. I took ibuprofen for years, as I had terrible gout and couldn't take allopurinol for it. My husband died 5 years ago and I had been real sick with pneumonia and took lots of strong antibiotics to literally save my life. What ever the combination was been I hadn't been to the doctor for 2 plus years and started to feel less lively and then in May the stone blocked the kidney. I had surgery and they took it out and some others. My numbers continue to get better but still not good at all. I am on Arynest shots and iron IV.monthly. Feel lots better but still get really tired. I have sleep problems like you do. I watched a 2 year old and a 6 year old for two days this week and I watch a 3 year old some everyday. I am their great grand mother. One granddaughter is teaching this year "WE" got our degree. The other one will soon. Then "I" will have two degrees. haha I wish you well with your transplant. It seems these days they can do wonders. I am almost 70. I am still in the I can "Beat" this mode. I am probably not accepting reality. I have no swelling, or puffiness at all. I tried to keep dehydrated. I lived on Cherry Coke for years. So I watch the phosphorus now. They have not put me on any diet restrictions pertaining to fluids or protein. They thought I was diabetic but I am not. I did have uncontolled blood pressure. There wasn't any medicine I could take. I am taking one now. It is still high but better.I am on calcitriol and have been since May. I have a real rough time with it. My parathyroid is 499 so I am plugging away at taking it. It was 695. Lots of bone pain. Take care I am so glad I found your site. Sandy