Friday, October 26, 2007

Iron infusions AND anger

I have been going all week to the medical center for iron infusions. Previously, when I had infusions, I had to sit for 2 hours waiting for it to finish. And it was just 3 days in a row. This time it was 5 days in a row and only took 40 mins a session. I think I prefer the longer sessions over 3 days. I managed to convince them to stick me fresh everyday rather than leave in the needle. I don't mind the needle 5 days in a row, but I do mind having to maneuver around with a needle taped into my arm. It makes showering and changing clothes a real pain.

I'm finding myself being kind of angry lately and I don't like it. This morning I lost it a little when the cat was hiding from me in the spare room and I couldn't get her out. The cats aren't allowed in the spare room during the day, but in the mornings I open that room because I need the iron and the TV. Anyhow, she wouldn't come out and I got angry and yelled at her. Scared the crap out of her...she ran to the bedroom and hid under the bed. Then, my transplant coordinator is supposed to send me a doctor's leave note, but I still haven't received it. I asked her for it last Monday and her response was "remind me if you don't have it by Thursday." Of course, I had to remind her on Thursday and then I got..."we're in meetings all afternoon, so I'll have the doctor sign it then and fax it to you." Still nothing today-Monday. I sent another request for it this morning. It's situations like this that make me want to call and yell at her to just fucking fax the damn letter!

Other than being easily angered, I am tired. I fall asleep on the couch all the time and I sleep in every morning. I now come to work by 9am rather than 8am because I just can't get up in the morning. It's an inconvenience more than anything else -- don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, just telling you how it is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.