Monday, October 8, 2007

I Can't Sleep #2

Well, here I am again. I went to bed an hour ago and, well, I really thought I was going to fall asleep this time. I figure an hour is a pretty good try. I have read that insomnia is a symptom or complication of end stage renal failure (1,2.) Who wouldn't suffer a little bit of sleep loss in my situation. You get tired of waiting. At least I know I will have a kidney donor when I need one. It could be worse. I could be on a list waiting. Hopefully, talking to everyone under the sun about my transplant may help raise awareness of the need for additional living donors.

I'm going to try to get some sleep now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi heather. I've been reading your blog for a while, you put a very personal face on a disease that few have heard of. It's helpful to read through your blog and to get some insight as to what living with PKD is like - and your writing style is great. I have a friend who may have PKD and his sister was recently diagnosed with PKD. His dad had PKD, received a transplant and is living a very healthy normal life for almost 20 years now - i hope the same success for you!

HeatherT said...

You've made my day! Thank you for sharing the information about your friend's father. Wow! 20 years! I hope to do that well.

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I'm glad you find the blog helpful. It's a wonderful outlet for me and it means a lot that it might sometimes be helpful to others.