Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Strength

Last night I went to the gym. I usually lift weights and do cardio on Tuesdays and Fridays. Then I do a quick cardio workout on Wed and spin class on Thursday. I'm also active on the weekends. Some more than others, but basically, I take care of myself. The point is that I just can't get over how strong and fit I felt at the gym last night. For the first time since "the news" I felt like I could kick the world's ass. Really. What the hell am I worried about? I am fit and healthy. I've been a vegetarian for 15 years. I exercise regularly and take good care of myself. If anyone is up to the challenge of a kidney transplant, I am. I'll show them what an ideal patient looks like. I don't look forward to getting back in shape again after the recovery period, but I can do it. I'll be more fit than ever. I do worry a bit about them having to cut through my muscle inthe lower groin to do the surgery. Will that ruin my muscles so I'll never have a flat tummy again? I sound so shallow, but I do work hard to be fit. I deserve to look good.

The point is that I'm feeling good today.

No comments: