Sunday, December 2, 2007

Surgery in 5 days

Time is running out. I've been keeping busy. I went out for lunch with co-workers twice last week and out for dinner Thursday, Friday and Saturday with friends. My friends have been really supportive -- as have my co-workers, but especially my husband. Today he brought home Nintendo DS with the Brain Age game. Something for me to do while I'm recovering. I need to get other activities prepared for the recovery as well. I'd like to do some knitting. I'd also like to do some reading related to my job -- maybe get some ideas for an article. I figure I'll check my work email, too, since I can easily do that on my cell phone. I want to download some new music, too. I need to do some laundry. I need to pack a bag for the hospital. I guess I can wear my own PJs after a few days. I'll bring some. I'll also bring some lotion and lip stuff...I hate to dry out. Deodorant...a little make-up and my hair brush. I'm not sure what else...a bathrobe? I suspect they'll have hospital robes, but I like my robe.

I've been keeping busy with a craft project. I'm making a centerpiece holiday tree -- it's a Styrofoam tree with beads covering it (and silver ribbon.) It's time consuming. I'll have it done in the next day or two.

Tomorrow my cousin gets into town. I'll pick her up at the airport. I should clean the house, but I just don't care. Maybe I'll just run the vacuum tomorrow morning and call it good.

We got a new cat bed today. So far 3 out of 4 of the cats have tried it out. They like new stuff. Funny.

I have to begin taking a couple of anti rejection meds on Wednesday. I'll tell you more about that later. Also, I met with my surgeon on Friday. I'll tell you about that, too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to say that there are folks out here rooting for you and we wish you the best.

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather,
I will be thinking of you on the
7th and praying for you and your wonderful cousin! I wish you both quick recoveries and the very best of health for many, many, many years to come! When you feel up to it, please let us know how you are doing. You have a lot of supporters who you have never met (me included!) and we all are praying for you and wishing the very best for you!

Hugs,
Marlene