Thursday, July 12, 2007

Wow GOOD NEWS!!

Today I called the transplant center to find out when the crossmatch results would be in. She said later tomorrow afternoon. Okay, one more day. I can wait one more day. I've been waiting weeks already.

Then at 4:55 p.m. I got a phone call and the caller ID said "private." Whenever I see private, I know it's the medical center calling. I answered and it was one of the transplant coordinators. She says to me "This is XX, one of the transplant coordinators from the UCI medical center. I'm calling to talk to you about the crossmatch test that's being done this week." My mind began to spin since I just knew she was going to tell me about my cousins compatibility and why doesn't she just spit it out? Then she said she only had a verbal report from the lab, but that the paperwork would arrive tomorrow afternoon. I'm waiting still...time was standing still...she said the "test was negative!" I, of course, couldn't think about whether that was a good outcome or not...so I asked what that really meant. She explained that's what we wanted! A negative result is GOOD! SHE IS A MATCH!

No comments: