Friday, June 15, 2007

Finding a Donor

My cousin has started her medical tests to see if she can donate. Initially, her medical tests (blood and urine) showed some questionable results so we had to re-do them this week. She is in a different time zone and this causes some problems between the 2 medical centers. At first, her medical center was waiting for mine to request the records -- while at the same time, mine was waiting for hers to simply send. That caused a delay. I think I'll be crushed if she isn't a match. It has taked so long to work her up. At least it seems like a long time. Maybe it's only been 3 weeks? I honestly don't know. My days and weeks go by so slowly. I'm feeling much less stressed now, that's for sure. Not at all like the last 2 weeks. :-)

Anyhow, that's the update. If she's healthly enough, we'll move onto the crossmatch.

No comments: