Thursday, March 8, 2007

Back to reality

I have been feeling strong for a while now. It's bound to come raring back and it did today. Overall, things are really not bad at all, but I'm finding it's difficult to stick to my healthy regiman. For example, I'm back to drinking a beer pretty much every day with dinner. At least it's a light beer. I haven't been so sleepy so it appears that the Aranesp is working. Tomorrow I get another shot. But today I have been having flank pain. Sometimes I think about making up some shit in this blog -- shit about how healthy I am and such, but honestly, I struggle to stick with being healthy everyday. Some days are better than others. Otherall, I think I do better than the average person in the U.S., but I don't think I do well enough for someone who is fighting a progressive disease.

I took a hot bath to relieve some of the pain. It helps. Earlier today I was beginning to get a headache. I had one earlier this week, too. I decided to take an Aleve. Sometimes I wonder if those pills are just too much for my kidneys to handle. I mean, what if that's why I am having kidney pain now?

I went for a blood test today. The doctor says that when my iron begins to improve from the Aranasp, it will bounce back quickly. After 1 month, it had only gone up 0.1. Now it's been over 2 months so I'll let you all know. Unfortunately, they'll get my creatinine, too. I don't look forward to seeing that number increase AGAIN.

Also, in case you're wondering, I have not been drinking the wheatgrass every day. That lasted about 7 days. Really. I spent $250 on a wonderful, top of the line juicer and I've only used it about 7 times. I need to get wheatgrass at the health food market and get into the groove.

I haven't been going to the gym as much as usual for the last 2 weeks. The first week was due to the fact that I had a big test in my class and was studying after work rather than going to the gym. The second week, we had company. So this week I've only been once and it's already thursday. I was going to go tonight, but here I sit on the couch. I left work early to go for a blood test. I had hoped to get to a 5:30 spin class. No such luck. then I confinced myself that with the back pain, I probably shouldn't go to the gym. Maybe so, maybe so. I hope to run on the treadmill later if I'm feeling like it. In the meantime, I'm trying not to crack open a beer. I could always run after a single light beer though...right? In any case, now it's 7:15 and I haven't worked out nor have I opened a book. Real productive.

I'm going to try to get my ass in gear.

No comments: