Thursday, March 15, 2007

Do you want the good news or....

My doctor called me back yesterday. Although she didn't get me on the phone, she did leave a message that my hemoglobin is up to 11.8! That's the good news. Not surprisingly, however, my creatinine is up to 4.1. I called her back right away, but missed her again. Can you believe in this day and age, in Southern California no less, I can directly call my doctor? She's the greatest. One night she called me back from her home -- I knew because I could hear the dog and I heard someone come home while we were on the phone. This person yelled "I'm home" when coming in the house. funny stuff. She explains everything to me with patience and honesty. I think she sees that my progressive disease is progressing and doesn't want to stress me out too much. She indicated on the phone message that she's interested in hearing what my blood pressure is -- I checked this morning and it's good: 128/88.

more later

No comments: