Friday, May 18, 2007

Still Making Urine?

I just think this is the funniest question. A couple of medical people asked me that when I was going through my transplant evaluation. Are you still making urine? I think about it nearly every time I am peeing. Wow, you really start to appreciate the strangest things when you're faced with a serious illness. I AM still making urine and I'm damn happy about it.

Today I have to have a cardiac stress test. I am not allowed to eat or drink anything 4 hours before the appointment. This is difficult for me, but since I ate a late breakfast, I thought I'd be okay. However, I'm started to get some heartburn. Drinking a lot of water usually helps me through the heartburn, but I'm not allowed to drink anything. I've been able to fend it off for the most part so far. I hope I can last another 3 hours.

My mother has type O blood which has the genotype OO. I just found out my sister also has type O blood. I have type B. That means my father had to have had type B blood with the genotype BO in order to pass on the O to my sister. Good to know. I hope she is well enough to donate to me. My husband is going in today to get blood typed, too. Maybe he'll be a match. I know he's healthy enough to give me a kidney. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: