Thursday, January 25, 2007

Who am I?

I'm a person dealing with a hereditary disease, trying to live a normal healthy life. Well, perhaps not so normal since a healthy life for me is perhaps more important than for the average joe. I have Polycystic Kidney Disease. You may not have heard of it, but it's a very common disease. It's inhereted and I got it from my father. He was diagnosed when I was a child so my siblings and I were tested, as well. Two of us have it -- me and my older sister. She, of course, doesn't have any symtoms, but I do.

I am in my 30s and have been on blood pressure medication for 6-7 years. My creatinine is going up and up and I am struggling with anemia.

This blog is about my daily struggle to be healthy and live with PKD.

2 comments:

dbigsieg said...

Heather my wife just signed up for the Otsuka phase 3 study for Tolaptavin at the Roagsin institute in NY. I think it is available to everyone around the country.

HeatherT said...

Thank you so much! I'm contacting them tomorrow!