Thursday, January 25, 2007

just another day, but

at least I had a lot of energy. I started out pretty hopeful today. Hopeful that things would go well in my meeting. That didn't happen, but I'm not here to talk about my job.

I've had a lot of energy lately. Perhaps this new anemia treatment is actually helping. I pretty much took about 6 days off from the gym in the last week. I had to go to a conference. I did manage to go to the hotel gym once for a brief workout (no lifting.) But I bought a workout magazine for the plane (Muscle & Fitness Hers) and it had some good information and 3 great new workouts. Yesterday I tried the first one. I usually lift twice a week even though I should do it 3 times. These routines, of course, recommended 3 times per week. But the intermediate routine looked reasonable. It seemed like a bit less than I usually do, but I figure change is good. I did alter it slightly -- adding in pushups and a hip abductor exercise, but otherwise, did as it recommended. The biggest change in this routine is that they recommend you use a diifficult weight and do 3 sets of 6-10 reps. Typically, I've read that you should do 12-15 reps. Anyhow, I actually felt a bit sore today so that's good. Then I jogged 30 minutes on the treadmill which is something I haven't done in months! Then I went to a spinning class today. I may take tomorrow off since I have Bikram yoga on Sunday. We'll see.

The point is that I have a lot more energy lately. Just before the holidays I got iron infusions. Three days for 1 1/2 hours each day. Starting in December, I have been getting bi-weekly aranesp shots. I don't have my blood test results in front of me, but I can tell you my number that represents iron went up .1 one month after the infusions. Big deal! They tell me it can take time to see results, but I really feel more energetic.

I started taking daily wheatgrass shots yesterday, too. Thus far it makes my stomach hurt for about 2 hours. I hope it gets easier.

No comments: