Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Numb Toes

Last Friday I played poker with friends. I drank too much -- 2 large glasses of wine and 2 beers in 5 hours. Who knows why I do that. I've been so good lately, but the social atmosphere and poker playing always gets me. In any case, I was a bit hung over on Saturday. I had to get up early to attend a 9am class. Well, what I'm getting at is that my right toe was numb for most of the day. I don't know why this is so, but I do remember reading something written by another PKD patient that she experienced this numbness as well. The only thing I can do is cut back on drinking to be sure that isn't the cause (or drink too much again! no thanks.) It was odd.

I have been feeling quite good lately. No back pain. No feeling like my kidneys are expanding exponentially and thus causing my waistline to disappear. Perhaps the low caffeine, low alcohol "diet" is helping. Today I'm wearing pants that I haven't worn in nearly a year. They are a little snug, but I don't have any meetings today so I don't have to leave my office. lol. This new job is pretty cool that way. Not many meetings yet so I have a lot of free time in my office. Well, I guess it's not technically free time -- it's work time.

I ran out of wheatgrass and haven't had any for a week. I need to buy a tray and then plant my own. It takes 7-10 days to grow your own for juicing. I spent all that money on the juicer so I should use the darn thing. Hopefully, it won't make me feel nauseous again.

Today I'm going to make an appointment with my nephrologist. She wanted to see me in the next 1-2 months. I've been procrastinating for a month now, so I'd better call. Just right now, my right big toe is getting numb again. I drank a Miller Light last night, but just one! I wonder what could be causing it. I used to think it was the shoes, but it seems to happen in all different types of shoes. Today I'm wearing totally sensible flats so it can't be the shoes.

No comments: