Friday, September 28, 2007

Feeling Like a Space Cadet

Yesterday I had a minor freak out. All afternoon I was feeling disconnected mentally -- kind of spaced out and mentally jumbled. I was in a meeting, trying to shake off the disorientation without being obvious, but it just wouldn't go away. It lasted for several hours and was completely frustrating. I guess that's normal since my body is full of the toxins my kidneys can't process out. I planned on going to the gym, but ended up sitting on the couch trying to chill out and get my head clear. I felt a bit better after eating something and then decided to run on the treadmill (long enough after dinner had settled.) After that, I felt very tired and fatigued so I relaxed on the couch and watched TV until bed.

I don't think I mentioned that my creatinine was 4.9 at my last blood test. I was surprised it had jumped from 4.4. to 4.9 in one month. The nurse said it may have been due some dehydration caused by the hot weather. My next appointment is in early October so I'll see how much improved it is...and I'll drink a bunch of H20 before that appointment.

I'm feeling a bit better this week -- not so awful about the weight gain. I think some of it was period weight so that'll go away (maybe 3lbs or so, at least.) I have decided to wear more skirts. That way I don't have to feel the tight fabric around my growing thighs. lol. But really, skirts are more flattering anyhow. That means I have to go shopping. Also, I'll need some new shoes to wear with skirts -- Fall shoes. :-)

LUXURY ITEM RECOMMENDATION: You HAVE to buy a double shower head. My husband just bought one like this, but for much less money at Home Depot. One head is stationary and the other is on a hose so I can clean the tub more easily. My morning shower is now heavenly. I can't recommend this highly enough. It's a really cheap reward for yourself and really helps relieve stress.

No comments: